Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Best Horror Movies in 3D

The third dimension, that place that allows you to jump into the movies and be a part of the action, at least if your eyes don’t automatically correct everything you’re watching. I wear glasses, so every time I see a 3D movie, I end up seeing things from a 2D perspective. Damn you genes! Oh and damn you jeans! I like Dickies, but that’s neither here nor there, or underwear! SCORE!

Sorry.

The Best Horror Movies in 3D definitely has a lot of people arguing, and if you search the online world, you’ll find all sorts of opinions on the matter. I find that my top 5 list that will be found here will also bring about a lot of arguments. But let’s be civil and see what my personal pick of the best 5 horror movies in 3D are! (Make sure to comment if you want to win the prize this month)

#5 – Friday the 13th Part 3 in 3D



One year before I was born the people that made Jason a household name though that they could top the box office records set by their slasher film by throwing logic out of the window and selling those nifty paper and plastic lenses (the red and blue ones, those were rad) and what ensued was a maddening entrance of horror and slasher glory! This is by far one of my (5th actually) favorite movies in 3D! You can tell things were done for “cheese” factor because if it weren’t, someone would’ve been fired.

#4 – Saw VII: The Final Saw 3D



I still think that they can do “Son of Saw” or something, but whatever. The seventh film in the series, and the seventh movie that I plopped $12 to go see was done in 3D and I for one enjoyed myself. I loved the way the guts and stuff flew through the camera while I was trying to cut a hole in my popcorn…err…I didn’t really do that. I am not that smooth, and I don’t even remember seeing this with anyone. Saw VII is one of those movies that you either love or hate, and I for one didn’t hate it.

#3 – Amityville 3D



This movie came out and blew open the doors of the third dimension and made me as fall asleep. It was a remake that really wasn’t half bad, and even though I feel that the whole Amityville thing is overrated, they most certainly created a pretty cool landscape worth checking out again and again.

#2 – House of Wax 3D



It was the 1950s and while many chicks and dudes were making out in the backseat of their fancy cars, I’d like to think that there were some brave people watching House of Wax in 3D! Yep, this is a pretty cool upgrade to the original film, and it featured that classic Vincent Price take on horror. I might have said he was overrated in the past, but it’s pretty cool to see how this was part of the 3D horror landscape. It still holds up pretty well, and the music, well that’s the key to the thrills, right? Right?

#1 – Freddy’s Dead: The Final Nightmare



I was 8 years old when this movie came out and was excited! My dad took me to see this awesome 3D movie and I bought into the whole 3D thing wearing my glasses through the whole thing. Even though the movie wasn’t amazing, it still had enough gusto to make my 8-year-old heart skip a beat here and there. It holds up ok, and the Iggy Pop song is still cool overall.

There you have it, my top 5 best 3D Horror Movies, what do you think? Leave me a comment and you could win The Walking Dead Season 1 & 2 on Blu Ray. Oh and please shop on amazon.com here, it will help me stay away from working a 9 to 5 and get more prizes for the months to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment