Thursday, September 6, 2012

5 Best Movies Dealing With Demon Possession

Today I was thinking about demonic possession. I used to belong to a church that was a cult, well it was a very strict kind of place, and once I broke free I got into a lot of studying. I read a lot about every religion, and ran into several books on the matter of demonic possession. It seemed like the movies had some things right and some things wrong, but more often than not, I found myself fascinated by the dark side. When I finally came to my own decisions as to what I wanted to believe and whether or not I was going to profess that, I realized that a lot of these things have no control over us. Is it possible to be possessed? Yes. Is it likely? No. Like I always say, the prince of darkness and his demons aren’t hanging out with a couple of fat Goth kids playing D&D in some basement, just saying.

With that in mind, consider this post, as a very scary post, the top 5 best movies dealing possession! You can purchase the movies from the links provided, and help a brotha pay the bills, otherwise, leave me a comment and let me know what you think. Remember, you could win a Kindle Fire 2.

constantine

Constantine (2005) Buy it Here – One of my favorite comic books is Hellblazer. However, at the time that this movie was released, I didn’t know that yet. I caught this movie as a very cool film that involved a character that was beyond repair broken, and knew it. The demonic moments here really outshine the rest of the movie, with some insane moments. It does get a bit “cartoony” but you have to read the comics to fully appreciate what they did with the movie, which is as good as you’re going to get when comparing source material to the end cinematic result.

prince of darkness

Prince of Darkness (1987) Buy it Here – John Carpenter has made two of my favorite movies ever, and no one really talks about them when they make lists. This creepy investigative story involves all the things you could think of when thinking ghosts, demons, and possession. It has a lot more atmosphere than story at times, but it’s still worth checking out, especially for the awesome gore points and awesome liquid evil, as some would put it.

night of the demons

Night of the Demons (1988) Buy it Here – I remember this was a hard to find horror flick for a long time, and I finally got it because my girlfriend at the time saw it at a Fred Meyer in Anchorage, Alaska. This folks, is one of my favorite films as well. A Halloween party goes awry when a demon/witch possesses the group and makes them do evil things, causing all hell to break loose. One of the few movies to feature the “black guy” winning in the end, proves positive that there’s a reason why this is one of my personal favorites, and hopefully yours too.

amityville

The Amityville Horror (1979) Buy it Here – The novel might have been scary enough, but this piece of horror and demon possession really pushed the limits at the time. It takes a while to set up, but the rails fall off of this creepy mess in the end with some crazy moments of a true story. You got to believe that this could be the epitome of possession films, that is if another didn’t already win.

demons

Demons (1985) Buy it Here – I had a hard time deciding where to finally land on this as my number one demon possession movie. The movie involves a theater going audience that unlocks a pseudo zombie possession mask and all hell breaks loose. This is an awesome movie featuring a lot of gore, fast paced action, and sickening violence that makes up the best of the Eurotrash genre.

I think the above are the best in terms of the pure demon possession category. Now, I do like Exorcism movies and the likes, but that’s a whole different genre if you sit to think about it.

Remember to leave a comment, to be entered to win a KINDLE FIRE 2. The winner will be announced at the end of the month.

6 comments:

  1. jervaise brooke hamsterSeptember 7, 2012 at 3:14 PM

    Sir Jorge, "The Amityville Horror" is quite atrocious and one of the most ludicrously over-rated horror movies of all-time (the sequel "Amityville II: The Possession" is a much better movie), otherwise though the other four movies on this list are all very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree, Amityville 2 is far superior.

    ReplyDelete
  3. jervaise brooke hamsterSeptember 19, 2012 at 6:21 PM

    I want to perform every sex-act in the known universe on Linnea Quigley (as the bird was in 1976 when the bird was 18, not as the bird is now obviously).

    ReplyDelete
  4. jervaise brooke hamsterSeptember 21, 2012 at 2:33 PM

    I want to bugger Cathy Podewell (as the bird was in 1982 when the bird was 18, not as the bird is now obviously).

    ReplyDelete
  5. jervaise brooke hamsterSeptember 21, 2012 at 2:38 PM

    I want to bugger Mimi Kinkade (as the bird was in 1982 when the bird was 18, not as the bird is now obviously).

    ReplyDelete
  6. jervaise brooke hamsterSeptember 23, 2012 at 8:16 AM

    Sir jorge, i left a couple of com-girl-ts here regarding how much i desperately want to bugger the 18 year-old versions of Cathy Podewell and Mimi Kinkade, why weren`t they published ?.

    ReplyDelete