Friday, August 21, 2009

From The Mail Bag Mid August 2009

Here we go, we're heading into the midpoint, or we have passed it somehow. Here is the bulk of comments that I received this month. Some are good, some are not so good, but I appreciate all the comments, and here are my replays to your thoughts. So keep them coming, buy some horror films, and keep reading. Thank you so much for commenting, I appreciate anyone who is reading this. You can email me of course or contact me on aim if you have it. I'm open to talking about anything horror, movies, and music.

CaroleMcDonnell said in response to the Full Eclipse Review:

Sounds fun. BTW, I'm here often. I just don't post cause it's such a challenge with javascript. -C

Yes, this film is fun, but terrible. I know, the two are somewhat repellent and contradicting, but it's interesting to see werewolf cops. I can't help the javascript...but maybe someday I'll get a dot com for this site, until then, keep on reading. Thanks for the comment.

the posturing (and admittedly rather irritating) little popinjay said in response to my Rewind: Videodrome Review:

sir jorge, with regards to this film we are in total and complete agreement, Videodrome is an astonishing masterwork of the highest calibre, it is easily Cronenbergs best film.

Yes, Cronenberg is so stylish and yet so perverted. This film has such overtones of S&M and so much more. When I first saw it, I didn't understand the references. However, now that I'm much older, and dare I say wiser, I realize how deep this film's metaphors really are. To some he's bashing you over the head with sexuality, but I think it's far more stylized. It sure is masterful, and hopefully more people agree and watch it again. Thanks for the comment!

Anonymous said in regards to my Jack Frost Review:

i saw the movie for the first time a couple of months ago it was ok but those childs play movies kick ass

Yes, Jack Frost is ok at best, and laughable in the way it tries to treat itself seriously. The Child's Play films, a different beast altogether, is interesting too. Thanks for the comment.

. said in regards to my American Psycho 2 Review:

I dont understand how someone can carry on the footsteps of a serial killer who, as the story lines seem to put it, killed everyone in his head?

Exactly, you said it correctly. I don't get it either, but for some reason they felt they could continue the legacy, and really it doesn't work all that well. They should've renamed it, or better yet not made this at all. Thanks for the comment!

Anonymous said in regards to my Chaos Review:

chaos is one of the most violent btutal and sadistic films i have ever seen. Only 2 films ever ever made me uncomfotable irreversible and chaos!

Yes, this film is so brutal, and really not necessary. This film made me squirm, because they really try hard to make a near true to life SNUFF film. It is the best example of exploitation and unnecessary violence in horror that I've ever seen. It's a sick movie, and those that take joy in watching this film should be questioned; it's an insane piece of entertainment. Thanks for the comment!

Anonymous said in regards to The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 Review:

Chop Top makes this movie and the macabre is a amazing.

Yep, Chop Top makes it all worthwhile; I'd like to get a chop shop t-shirt. Oh well. Thanks again for the comment.

That's a wrap folks. I can't thank you guys enough for commenting on these poorly written reviews. I encourage everyone to comment, and converse with me. I spend a LOT of time online and would love to engage you guys about anything film related. Maybe someday I can get a dot com and can start a podcast based on this site, but until then; please keep on reading and commenting.

Looking for grindhouse, horror, or sci-fi films? Please check out our amazon astore featuring all things horror. Don't trust astore? Check out amazon.com, surprisingly they have more grindhouse,horror,and rare sci-fi than you may not have thought possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment