Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Interesting Horror Movie Releases 1/20/09

The Machinist Blu Ray

This week a lot of movies got released on dvd, however, not all of them are in the same neck of the woods as far as genre is concerned. Starting this week I will be posting the latest releases that I found interesting int he horror/sci-fi genre. It is tough, and the list will not be comprehensive, but hey...I'll give it my best shot. You can click the titles to purchase the dvd's online.

My personal pick of the week, is definitely The Machinist on Blu Ray. The Machinist is creepy as hell, and Christian Bale's transformation is one of the greatest things I've seen in cinema. If you haven't heard, he loses weight in the film to skeletal proportions, the hard way. No CG he just didn't eat....it really is a head trip. I'll review the film after I get this Blu Ray Dvd version. The film is amazing and the Blu Ray treatment will probably be great. So if you're looking to pick up a movie this week, pick up The Machinist on Blu Ray it's well worth the price.

Cold Prey Dvd
Boogeyman 3 Dvd
The Machinist Blu Ray Dvd
Repo! The Genetic Opera Dvd
Repo! The Genetic Opera Blu Ray Dvd
Poison Ivy 4: The Secret Society Dvd
Poison Ivy 4: The Secret Society Blu Ray Dvd
Saw V (Unrated Director's Cut) Blu Ray Dvd
Saw V Dvd
Voodoo Dollz
Vacancy 2: The First Cut

Looking for grindhouse, horror, or sci-fi films? Please check out our amazon astore featuring all things horror. Don't trust astore? Check out amazon.com, surprisingly they have more grindhouse,horror,and rare sci-fi than you may not have thought possible.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome Blog you have....... and
    Today i have post the Best Golden Globes Award " Waltz with Basir" given the ongoing clashes between Israel and the Palestinians, can you give your comment (your experiences)in my blog , thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just watched Repo! last night and I loved it [and I wouldn't call myself a Musical fan]
    I definitely recommend giving that one a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate musicals, I don't know if I can make it through that one.

    ReplyDelete