Sunday, January 30, 2011

Best Worst Movie Review

best worst movie

The movie Best Worst Movie is a documentary about the cult following of Troll 2. The film is an interesting piece of work in terms of subculture and sociological studies. At first, I was definitely interested to see this film, as it was one of the most talked about things from yesteryear. I want to start first, is that I've seen Troll 2, but am not a fanatic.

The documentary flows from interviews with those that made the film including some of the stars. Then it goes into talking to people that love the film, and continues through a full length documentary.

It's hard for me to review a documentary, but I will say this much. I hated a lot of the opinions expressed. The people that talked about how great they thought Troll 2 was, seemed to have stopped with just that film, and that's where I have a problem. I've posted more than 500 reviews on this blog, and I've continually sought after film of all types, (within horror and scifi) and have found some terrible films, none of which are better than Troll 2. Seriously, there's a TON OF BAD movies that resonate with me far better than Troll. What about Bud The Chud? What about Ghoulies?

Yes, I know that people aren't throwing parties, or anything like that. BUT then again, maybe these stories and people so dedicated to it, found out that there was a documentary in the works and ran out to try and be in it, and there is no real genuine love for it! I can see how that can work out.

Best Worst Movie gave me a headache, I'm sorry. I am all for fandom, but I don't care about Troll 2 enough to care about a documentary about the film. It's not that I don't understand, it's just that I've seen worst get more praise. Heck, I saw a sold out screening of "OVER THE TOP", now where is my documentary about the Over the Top parties I've thrown in the past?

Whatever.

I didn't hate this movie, but I didn't like it either. I'm not saying I'm a great writer or a reviewer, but I will say this much, many of the interviews in this film seemed so forced...so bad...and Troll 2 is NOT worth it.

The irony here is that there are so many "diehard fans" and yet when the director shows up to a screening, NO ONE KNOWS WHO HE IS!!!! WHAT A LOAD OF...nevermind...Bollocks...that's what I'll say.

No comments:

Post a Comment