Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Stuff Review

The Stuff

Sometimes horror movies aren't really scary, or filled with gore and sex. They are filled with dark comedy and satire. Such is the case for this Larry Cohen classic film. Is it a classic? I might be over stating The Stuff.

The Stuff is a film about a world where everyone starts eating this mayonaise looking ice cream yogurt thing and it starts to kill them slowly...or quickly...I'm not sure. As the plot thickens, there are some cool death scenes, and if it weren't for an industrial saboteur "Mo", The Stuff would take over....

This film is NOT scary, in fact it's a slow moving, light weight horror movie that would probably or should get played on television, not cable mind you, but regular broadcast television. The movie feels like a "Goosebumps" made for tv or made for dvd film, rather than a full theatrical release. The quality isn't always there, and there is only some windows into the gore scenes.

Overall, this film is NOT very good. I didn't like it. I think it's an important film to see once, but repeated viewings? I'm not into it. I also don't think that The Stuff deserves a whole essay for a review, so I'll just say it was worth a once over. I don't know what else to say, The Stuff didn't really grip me like I thought it would. Yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment