Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Quarantine Review

Quarantine Dvd

Well, no time to beat on the old drum to ask you guys for money, because it hasn't been working. In fact no one buys crap from this site, so that's always nice. Anyways, there's more to life than my problems and therefore you should come with me on this new journey. Quarantine is a film that is a shot for shot after a Spanish Horror movie named Rec. REC couldn't get here in time so US film makers did what they always do, they remade this one...another remake, and not that great overall.

I'd post a trailer, but guess what, YOUTUBE WILL NOT LET ME EMBED! That's right, once again they screw me on this site...man...oh well...pretend that I put a trailer here.

The film is shot in the worst style ever. It's shot first person view in what some call "cinema verite" in which the camera is constantly moving and faster than hell. I hate that. Other films that I hate in this style aren't really coming to mind, but I know I hated "Miami Vice" for doing the same stupid thing with the cameras.

As for this film it stars Jennifer Carpenter, and Jay Hernandez. The film is about a news anchor and her camera man, they are filming some highlights at a fire station for television when they are called into a fire.

The fire is non existent, and upon arriving in an apartment complex, they end up finding out something incredible...for us. They find zombie like creature, just like the ones that are found in 28 Days Later, or 28 Weeks Later, and things go awry fast. The complex is locked down and the future is uncertain for our crew and anyone else locked inside.

What makes this movie insane, is the fact that the outside world has trapped the people in the complex inside. There are times when they are about to get out, but to no avail, at one point in the film a sniper shoots out someone that is trying to get out of the building and hysteria goes nuts.

Is Quarantine Scary?: NO.

This movie is not scary to me. It actually is on rails, like a first person shooter. It's a sad story with a feeble ending, but to get there you have to go through the most predictable turns.

I heard REC was amazing. This film isn't that, and I'd much rather see this film in spanish. Sure the film has a few moments, but mixing "The Blair Witch Project" and "28 Weeks Later" inside an apartment complex doesn't really do it for me.

Quarantine doesn't even look rated R to me. This thing was boring. I don't recommend Quarantine, as it is a frigid piece of remake history that once again fails to capture the buzz that got REC into many screens.



Looking for grindhouse, horror, or sci-fi films? Please check out our amazon astore featuring all things horror. Don't trust astore? Check out amazon.com, surprisingly they have more grindhouse,horror,and rare sci-fi than you may not have thought possible.

5 comments:

  1. Hey friend. I Just discovered your horror blog. Amazing and impressive job, especially for some hidden gems like 976 evil by Robert Englund. I avoided Quarantine because all these remakes always make me sick. You gotta see the original, absolutely. And don't forget that the sequel to the original spanish rec is coming soon... See you soon. Take a look to my horror blog: tallmanslair.blogspot.com. I'm from Italy and my english is not so good, unfortunately.
    bye by Antonio

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm, well i myself, being a huge horror movie fan, dont get scared at alot of horror movies ( usually they make me laugh, hmm maybe thats why i like them) and i have being trying to get a horror i was generally scared at. I tried the new Paranormal Activity which i thought was rubbish up till the end, and then Grudge which i must admit have me the chills, then i tried this movie, and it did actualyl scare me! i like the first person idea as it really lets you SEE the zombie things up close all in all i loved it :) but nice blogs m8t

    ReplyDelete
  3. jervaise brooke hamsterDecember 12, 2010 at 3:47 PM

    I want to bugger Jennifer Carpenter (as she was in 1997 when she was 18, not as she is now obviously).

    ReplyDelete
  4. jervaise brooke hamsterDecember 15, 2010 at 2:20 PM

    Yeah, but the problem is shes now 31 years old and there-fore, by definition, 13 years past the absolute pinnacle and peak of her physical attractiveness and desirability. 18 is when a bird is at her best of that there is no question.

    ReplyDelete