Wednesday, June 17, 2009

From The Mailbag Mid June Edition

Here we go again, it's time for our monthly post talking about the comments on the site. It seems to me that with my lack of enthusiasm at times, and lots of personal hindrances directly relate to the number of comments received. I guess that's just how the cookie crumbles. Mmmm...Cookies....

MC writes in regards to My Bloody Valentine 3-D Review:

I remember the ads for this movie stating that it was the best 3D movie ever made... and I thought, well, that isn't really an achievement since generally 3D movies are pretty bad (especially the ones from the 1983 revival of the genre).

Oh yeah, the ads were terrible. You're right, the whole 3D thing is terrible. I don't even like kid's movies in 3-d it's just a distraction and excuse to charge you more money for the same movie that you'll see in 2-d later on in dvd. However, this one did it well, at least somewhat better than others...then again, I never liked 3D.

Tune Slut writes in regards to my Ravenous Review:

Great review, I only saw this movie once, its rarely mentioned.

No one really talks about this film because it's somewhat forgettable. The tone of the film is so subtle, and the ending whispers away. While it is a cannibal movie, it doesn't play it for gore value, which of course makes for lackluster memories of the film. I love it though.

Erin writes in regards to The Jacket Review:

I enjoyed this movie but had forgotten about it and in fact never knew it was based on a book, so thanks for giving me something to put in my reading list. You're right, people don't read enough. In my case I can't stop watching scary movies long enough! But I rationalize it by writing about them.

You're welcome, I'm glad I can help you find some new literature. The movie has some very still and creepy moments. I can't vouch for the book, but if it's anywhere near as creepy, then boy will it be a stellar read.

And that's it. While there were a few other comments, I decided to simply stop here. I'm tired. I'll have another review for Friday...I hope. For now, go watch some horror!

Looking for grindhouse, horror, or sci-fi films? Please check out our amazon astore featuring all things horror. Don't trust astore? Check out amazon.com, surprisingly they have more grindhouse,horror,and rare sci-fi than you may not have thought possible.

1 comment:

  1. the posturing (and admittedly rather irritating) little popinjayJune 18, 2009 at 3:46 AM

    sir jorge, me and stacie ponder over at final girl have got a really nice, cosy, magical little heather o`rourke obsession going, i just wondered w-heather you cared to join us, all you have to do is watch "poltergeist 3" every night to try to bring her back to life, cheers mate.

    ReplyDelete