Wednesday, December 16, 2009

From The Mailbag Mid December 2009 Edition

We're on our way out of 2009, and I keep pushing some greater good for you guys, and despite the fact that I have a few people reading this site on a regular basis, no one buys anything and no one comments on anything.

I must be talking to drones.

Whatever the case is, here is what hit my mailbox this month so far:

Anonymous has left a new comment on my post "Wes Craven's Shocker Review":

Craven only directed 2 of the Nightmare flicks. The first one in 84, and the last one in 1994. he had little to no involvement with he rest of the series except for the first script draft for part 3. What amazes is he can make amazing movies like NOES and Serpent and the Rainbow, and then make a total hackjob like Shocker. This feels like ge was trying to make a new franchise to rival what newline turned Freddy into after he left he series... a supernatural vaudeville comedian, but failed miserably to make a horror villian that's at all memorable or interesting. question: if you're a ghost who can switch bodies, why would every new body have the same limp?

I noticed the limp, and I just went with it. The effects were amazing for the time, and despite how ridiculous the film's premise is, it had some nice punches and created a good sense of horror. However, it fails on many levels, but you must remember that this is the 80's at its best. Thanks for the comment.

Anonymous has left a new comment on my post "Quarantine Review":

hmmm, well i myself, being a huge horror movie fan, dont get scared at alot of horror movies ( usually they make me laugh, hmm maybe thats why i like them) and i have being trying to get a horror i was generally scared at. I tried the new Paranormal Activity which i thought was rubbish up till the end, and then Grudge which i must admit have me the chills, then i tried this movie, and it did actualyl scare me! i like the first person idea as it really lets you SEE the zombie things up close all in all i loved it :) but nice blogs m8t

Yeah, the movie was ok. However, I saw REC first, and that movie is a lot harsher. It did have a few jump scenes, that's for sure.

Well, that's it. Only two comments so far this month, despite there being some changes in the rss feed, more updates than you can shake a fist at, and a holiday horror theme that seemed to win people over last year...I guess this year, no one gives a crap.

Happy Holidays, and if you have a comment, make sure to drop by and leave one.

Looking for grindhouse, horror, or sci-fi films? Please check out our amazon astore featuring all things horror. Don't trust astore? Check out amazon.com, surprisingly they have more grindhouse,horror,and rare sci-fi than you may not have thought possible.

1 comment:

  1. the posturing (and admittedly rather irritating) little popinjayDecember 16, 2009 at 1:22 PM

    I dont leave that many comments because ultimately i prefer gorgeous naked chicks to horror movies, i will however continue to read this blog with interest, Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete