Wednesday, May 13, 2009

From the Mail Bag May 13th Edition

Dracula Stamp

Once again, it is that time for me to go through the pieces of feedback you guys have given me and talk about them in a public forum. You could blame the fact that I've been busy, or you long time fans/readers will recognize these posts as a way for me to address things that you guys have said about my reviews or movies.

I want to implore you guys to comment on my posts, send me feedback and recommendations and more. So without further ado, here are the latest comments:

MC said in regards to my Crank 2 Review:

I remember when I wrote about Crank last February and mentioned the upcoming sequel, an anonymous poster dropped by and left this comment:

"Knowing these guys (Neveldine and Taylor) personally, trust me you're going to be surprised. Really surprised. And, you're gonna like it!!!"

The Crank movies know what they are... they don't pretend to be anything other than kickass action movies.

Sometimes you just need to see a lot of people get shot, blown up and such.


You're absolutely right. Sometimes we need to just see no frills action movies. It seemed like the 80's were saturated with this type of film making, but today a lot of movies are either for tweens or just too cerebral to impact the action junkies. We need more movies like Crank 2, that's for sure.

Tune Slut said in response to my Ravenous Review:

Great review, I only saw this movie once, its rarely mentioned.

It really is rarely mentioned, and it surprises me. I can't think of any other modern day cannibal movie that can match the cinematography, emotional impact, and acting prowess of this film. It's such a good movie, and has such a great ending, people are idiots. Thanks for the comment.

That's about it. I don't really get that many comments any longer. I keep churning out the reviews, but no one cares. I'll be out of town this upcoming week, but I'll try to get some good stuff here for you guys. Probably some comic book scans at the very least. We'll see.

Looking for grindhouse, horror, or sci-fi films? Please check out our amazon astore featuring all things horror. Don't trust astore? Check out amazon.com, surprisingly they have more grindhouse,horror,and rare sci-fi than you may not have thought possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment