Wednesday, April 7, 2010

REWIND: The Top 10 Bodily Explosions

Horror movies are known for a lot of gore at times. I for one enjoy a good gore scene, however some are better than others. Recently, Fearnet.com, posted a list of the best bodily explosions ever recorded onto film. Some are from horror films, some are from general release films, but one thing is for sure, bodily explosions are a staple in horror cinema.

Here’s their top 10 list, with links on where to purchase them, and finally, a link to where you can see some gruesome photos as proof.

Terror Firmer Dvd on Sale Now
10. Terror Firmer

Chopping Mall Dvd
9. Chopping Mall

Sleepaway Camp III: Teenage Wasteland Dvd on Sale
8. Sleepaway Camp 3: Teenage Wasteland

Grindehouse Planet Terror 2 Disc Dvd on Sale Now
7. Planet Terrror

Total Recall on Sale now
6. Total Recall

War of the Worlds on Dvd now
5. War of the Worlds

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark
4. Raiders of the Lost Ark

Cloverfield Dvd on Sale Now
3. Cloverfield

Scanners on Dvd Now
2. Scanners

Dawn of the Dead Limited Edition Set on Sale now
1. Dawn of the Dead

Obviously these films have some major gore in them, however, there are definitely other films that I would mention on the list. I think that there is a TON of films that have exploding body parts, heads, and body functions that aren't exactly easy to watch sometimes Fearnet.com has some photos from these films, if you're interested, otherwise I would suggest purchasing these and finding out what the hype is all about.

I wanted to post my own top 10, but honestly, I drew a blank when it comes to body explosions. I could name a few, but I'll save that for another place and another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment