Thursday, July 24, 2008

From The Mail Bag Volume 1

Welcome to the first edition of "From The Mail Bag" where I reach into my comments, emails and mail to answer a question from the audience (that's you). This week, since I've been battling a cold, and my wife was sick, I couldn't get to as many horror movies as I'd like. But instead of just dying on you guys, I decided to answer some email and comments...or should I say comment.

Critic_101 of At the video store writes:

wow that looks so cheezy and cool. Do you know who produced it?

That question of course in reference to my recent review of Midnight Skater on dvd.

Well,Critic_101, I don't know, I'm lazy....er...I mean:

The movie Midnight Skater was produced by some kids in college, on a shoe string budget. The Studio is that helped out is Splatter Rampage!

When I did searches for Splatter Rampage, I couldn't find anything but a bunch of wrestling dvd's.

However, the film most likely found distribution through Tempevideo, I think. Their website didn't help at all, and neither did this other site I tried to hunt down speedfreakproductions.com

So what do I know?

I know that the movie is available through amazon.com and some other retailers. I know that you can rent it via netflix, or stream it if you'd like.

I also know that Luke Campbell,Stacy Silvers,Andy Campbell, and other family members are involved.

I also know that if we still had grindhouse theaters everywhere, this would be coupled with other movies that are like this.

That's about it...I wish I had more info on this film. I just can't find anything worthwhile to mention. It's really low budget, almost no budget, but it has the creative spark of what I would make in college, so in that case it's not so bad.

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate all the comments I can get...even if it is only 1.

I'll make sure to get more reviews up, I've just been sick lately, so it's taking longer than usual.

Looking for grindhouse, horror, or sci-fi films? Please check out our amazon astore featuring all things horror. Don't trust astore? Check out amazon.com, surprisingly they have more grindhouse,horror,and rare sci-fi than you may not have thought possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment