Monday, October 21, 2013

For the Love of Horror Movies

My earliest memories of horror movies takes me back to Gardena, California. My mother owned a beauty salon and she would pick me up from school and take me there for her night shifts. She let me rent movies from the video store across the street, and I would always pick horror. Her lack of parenting skills or discretion let me play whatever I wanted in her salon and she spoiled me so much. I miss those days. The horror panel of movies I would play were shown for customers and myself alike. She always seemed to have people helping her, and I always had a television up high to look to up to. It was those days that really make me miss childhood, because that’s where I first started to love the world of scary things.

Fast forward to my 30s and I find myself less in love with horror movies than ever before. Perhaps it’s the fact that I work 80 hours a week, or maybe it’s just that I find the genre saturated with boredom. I don’t know what I am going to do in the future, and it sucks. Perhaps the scariest thing is not the movies and the plots, but the fact that life gets in the way of art and entertainment more often than not. If you’re not taking any time off, the scary things in life set in.

Depression, anxiety, sadness, and all sorts of negative emotions set in and you have to fight your way out. I have been fighting for so long that the messages in horror movies start to become real. It’s an odd place to be, but there’s something still burning inside. I’m not sure what it is, but there is something that keeps calling me back to this website, this blog. As I’ve stated before, this page has lasted longer than my marriage did, and it will most likely last longer than my current relationship, if I just keep writing.

If you’re waiting for my next review, or just want to help me come back to full time blogging, I would highly suggest that you follow the links posted all over this page and purchase some items from amazon. If you don’t have time or money, then click through links and bookmark them. I need the cash flow as I’m struggling to even breathe at times. This blog was created for the love of horror movies, and will continue to be that, as long as I can get myself to post another piece. I will sooner than later, that I promise.

Looking for grindhouse, horror, or sci-fi films? Please check out our amazon astore featuring all things horror. Don't trust astore? Check out amazon.com, surprisingly they have more grindhouse,horror,and rare sci-fi than you may not have thought possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment