Saturday, June 4, 2011

My Most Hated Genre

I've been asked recently what I hate about horror movies. Or rather, what I hate about the genre in general. I wanted to write a quick post, in between my next couple of reviews to talk about something that I don't like in horror.

Zombies

I don't like Zombies that much. Yes, I have my favorites in terms of great zombie movies, but there are a great deal of movies that deal with the undead that I do not like at all. Those that I hate most are usually just cashing in on the notion of the rising up of the undead.

There are several sub genres to the zombie mythos that are not quite as bad, bud still pretty crappy. I mean, has anyone seen Bud the Chud? Or what about My Boyfriend is Back? Those movies are a more comedic approach, and rightfully so, but they make the genre kind of lame. Those aren't the worst of the offenders, because Gangs of the Dead really took me for a lackluster ride.

I don't like a lot of zombie movies, and despite the ubiquitous nature of zombies in modern society, I find myself liking the genre less in less.

What about you guys?

Is there a sub genre of horror that you hate? How about identity crisis? Gore? Splatter? Something? I don't know. More reviews are coming sooner than later, trust me.

Support this blog by visiting the Scary Film Web Store here.

2 comments:

  1. I love the zombie movie but there are few who get it, there is so much zombie crap to find.

    Not really liking supernatural/ghost horror like The Ring, Paranormal activity, The Eye etc

    And exorcism movies, apart from the Exorcist and The Last Exorcism (wich really fell on it's back on the final sequence).

    ReplyDelete
  2. jervaise brooke hamsterJune 10, 2011 at 4:05 PM

    I hate British made horror films...obviously. Yes, i know they`re not a sub-genre or specific type of horror movie as such, its just that they`re all garbage, thats why i hate them so much.

    ReplyDelete