Monday, December 28, 2009

Silent Night Deadly Night 4 Initiation Review

Holiday Horror 2009

Silent Night Deadly Night 4 Initiation

We come back to the series that I was working on this month, and guess what? I'm so jaded from this series, that not even the awesome cover art makes me like it. I once talked about this film, briefly, and it was terrible. I remember hating this piece of junk film, but this time around? I have it on vhs and I own it, so I decided to give it one more chance at redemption, and it wasn't that easy.

Silent Night Deadly Night 4 is not at all like the previous films. It shouldn't even be called the same title. This is the Halloween 3 of the series, seriously. This thing is so lame, but it feature some interesting kills, but that still doesn't save this film.

The movie is slow, it's like watching water boil, then taking it off the flame. The movie revolves around a news reporter who is investigating a mysterious death. She ends up finding out that there are witches afoot who are preparing for their weird ritual on Christmas eve!

This is not a scary movie at all. This movie really tests your patience at times, but then starts to pick up in the final act. There's an odd "posession" style curse at the end, which is loosely thrown into the plot, and there's a hint of choreography, which makes me hate movies altogether. While there are some moments that make you think twice, this thing isn't worth the time. Good thing though, because two of the characters in this film go on to make part 5...which I hear returns to form. Don't watch this film, it's not worth it. Don't believe me?

Check out the trailer for this film, and good luck if you watch this:





Looking for grindhouse, horror, or sci-fi films? Please check out our amazon astore featuring all things horror. Don't trust astore? Check out amazon.com, surprisingly they have more grindhouse,horror,and rare sci-fi than you may not have thought possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment