Thursday, March 8, 2012

Screeners, Free Stuff, and More

I know what you're thinking, 600+ posts? Lots of money, lots of screeners, lot's of promotional consideration, right? The answer is a big fat NO! Scary Films, Scary Film Review and Jorge Orduna (The writer known as sir jorge) does not make any money, and 99% of the films that you see reviewed here are purchased, rented, or seen on television with no consideration for freebies, screeners or anything else. You might see a lot of horror movie blogs out there talking about how many screeners they have on their shelf, and how they got invited to meet some random actors at a screening, and that's great, FOR THEM.

I know, this comes across as a bitter rant, but I've tried my best to send out information to certain companies about reviews, and promotional stuff, and it seems like I don't get any play. That's fine. I don't mind purchasing a lot of different movies, renting them, and then trashing them, but it's starting to get difficult for me.

That's why I wanted to post this.

If you read this site, enjoy it, or anything, drop me a line, send me a comment, smoke signal, find me on facebook, engage me, something! I've been writing since 2008 and yet I only know Jervaise.

You like horror, I like horror, speaking of Jervaise, when are you going to invite a mexican to the uk? That's where you are right? I mean, come on! I've always wanted to see the rubbish land that produces horror movies that I must avoid.

Now, if you are a film company, text link purchaser, or anything like that, you too can drop me a line. I'm always looking for a revenue stream here, but if that never happens that's fine. I think in a lot of ways, I'm looking for a new way to move into this site a bit more. If you have suggestions, recommendations or anything else, let me know. I'm trying really hard to keep up with the reviews, but some of the movies are just terrible, terrible beyond compare. Even I have a hard time sitting through them.

I'll post new reviews in the coming days. I just wanted to take some time to remind everyone that reads this that I don't get paid, I don't get many screeners, and I don't do this to get rich. In fact, this blog started when I was in Seattle, and was still married. It's funny how things change huh? I went through a lot while writing this site, and life continues no matter what. I guess that's a good thing. I still dream of having my own domain name with the Scary Film name, but alas, it escapes me yet again. Oh well.

Support this blog by visiting the Scary Film Web Store here.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sir Jorge, I'v been checking out your blog since about a year. I think your doing some good reviews and a couple of them are on my to-see-list. Last one being "10 to Midnight". Keep it going!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. There's so many more I've got to add to the list. I just posted the review for Straw Dogs that just came out recently. I'll keep on reviewing, regardless of pay

    ReplyDelete
  3. jervaise brooke hamsterMarch 8, 2012 at 4:07 PM

    Sir Jorge, America is the greatest country in the world and you should be proud to live there, Britain on the other hand is a ludicrous and pathetic joke in every concievable respect (not just its laughably bad film industry) and visiting it would be a complete waste of your time (time that would be much better spent buggering gorgeous sexy 18 year-old girls), believe me.

    ReplyDelete