Friday, April 2, 2010

Cry Wolf Review

Cry Wolf Poster

I don't usually buy into a lot of advertising, in fact, I avoid a lot of it, but when I saw the trailer for Cry Wolf, I bought it hook line and sinker. It looked like the kind of slasher film that I can get into. However, after watching it, I found that it sucked...and you know what? Doesn't deserve a whole lot.

The film revolves around a series of killings that are going on at a college campus and no one knows why. It appears that someone is stalking co-eds and things are getting really bad. The dvd I got said it was "unrated" but featured little to no gore, and no major nudity that I can recall. Why was it unrated? I have no idea, but they duped me.

To make matters worse, John Bon Jovi is in this film! He makes a major pivotal wrong move at the end, and I really wanted to bash my television in. This film is does the bait and switch thing so well that I almost gave up on horror as a genre. I've never seen a film marketed so well, just to drop the ball in the delivery.

Cry Wolf is one of my least favorite films of recent memory and I can't believe I wasted my time reviewing and watching this film. Maybe you'll enjoy it, I know I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment