Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Bit of Personal Business for Scary Film Blog

I had a job interview yesterday, and it did not go well. I'm still out of work, trying to make ends meet, and really having a hard time. But that's not what I'm here to talk about today.

Normally you get a review here, and we all have a good laugh, or ignore the review and walk away.

But today I wasn't able to get a review up, simply because I didn't watch any horror movies. But I did manage to change things up, and wanted to clear the air about a few changes that are changing on this website.

1. No more affiliate ad at the bottom of each post, kind of...You will not see a link to my "astore" or "grindhouse" shop.

2. More in-line text ads for NON RSS FEED subscribers. If you aren't subscribed to my site via RSS, go for it. If you subscribe you will not see any "in-line" ads. These in-line ads give me a fraction of a cent, but it's something compared to nothing.

3. Banner ads in the sidebar will be reduced. As soon as I reach the "cash out" status on the ads, I'm going to delete them. That means no more non-website/horror related ads will be running...well not as many of them.

4. Reviews will most likely still not have trailers. I've decided to completely omit trailers from the reviews. This decision was due in large part to the fact that people (most likely studios) are pulling their trailers from youtube, without letting me know, and ruining the experience for everyone. So i'm going to throw out the trailer format.

5. More British horror!

6. I was just kidding about #5. I'm not going to go out of my way to get more british horror, but if someone sends me one, it's fair game.

7. Less Rewind posts. Rewind posts are done when I am out of time, and can't update the site. I'll try to limit them a little more. Or if I do them, I'll add fresh content so that it's not completely a re-post.

8. The End of "movies that came out". I am not going to post the horror movies that came out this week, this month etc. I tried before and it got little to no fan fare. So I'm not going to collect the data.

9. Comments, I will be responding in line to comments as well as posting Q&A via the mid-month Mailbag posts. So please, keep them coming.

10. REQUESTS! Please send me your requests, or just tell me what you've been watching. Guest reviewers Welcome! If you want a shot at talking trash here, let me know, you can come by and post something. Why not?

Lastly, BELOW is the last time you're going to see this A-Store linkage. No one ever clicks through and buys anything, and I'm not going to push it. After a ton of reviews, and no sales, I'm not going to push it.

I'll have more reviews sooner than later.

Looking for grindhouse, horror, or sci-fi films? Please check out our amazon astore featuring all things horror. Don't trust astore? Check out amazon.com, surprisingly they have more grindhouse,horror,and rare sci-fi than you may not have thought possible.

1 comment:

  1. jervaise brooke hamsterMarch 18, 2010 at 4:16 PM

    You better be just kidding with regards to #5, and if somebody sends you one it is most certainly "NOT" repeat "NOT" fair game, it will instead be thrown straight into the garbage O.K.

    ReplyDelete