Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus Review

Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus

I kept hearing about this film through a lot of different sources, and I kept hearing about how insane this movie was. I never buy into hype, so I didn't really go for it. Then I saw some clips of a Shark attacking an airplane and it intrigued me, but I still didn't bite. Then finally I broke down, after a lot of people asking me to check this one out, so here is my attempt at reviewing Megashark vs Giant Octopus.

This movie, from the beginning smelled of straight to dvd or straight to scyfy channel. It's just so obvious that the budget was small on this one. I can certainly deal with low budget, but this one seems to be ridiculous. For whatever reasons it got cult status when the trailer hit the eb and people were fighting over pre-order copies of this thing.

The movie is terrible. It's got a few funny moments, but the effects and the acting are so bad. The effects and monster themselves make absolutely no sense, and is nonsensical to the point where I wanted to pluck my eyes out. I can't get behind something so terrible.

There are some good points, mainly in the transition visuals. They have some decent flybys of the city, that rival The Dark Knight, but not many. You really have to reach and watch for them. The plot is ridiculous, and doesn't even make a shred of sense.

The story follows a group of rogue scientists that discover that there are two prehistoric monsters in the sea attacking whales and civilians.So the navy gets the three scientists to help kill off the monsters, and after the first attempts didn't work they go in for the nukes.

Here's a trailer for Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus:



This movie is boring. Sure it has some appeal with the outlandish ideas and plot, but it's pacing is miserable. The music sucks, and it's not at all scary. You really have to want to sit through this whole thing, it's not good...it's not even funny. I can't really go on anymore. This isn't the worst film I've ever seen, but it's in the running. I don't necessarily recommend viewing Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus, but if you must, go for it.



Looking for grindhouse, horror, or sci-fi films? Please check out our amazon astore featuring all things horror. Don't trust astore? Check out amazon.com, surprisingly they have more grindhouse,horror,and rare sci-fi than you may not have thought possible.

1 comment:

  1. the posturing (and admittedly rather irritating) little popinjayJanuary 6, 2010 at 2:47 PM

    Sir Jorge, no matter how bad "Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus" may or may not be always remember that its still 1000 times better by itself than everything that has ever been produced by the British film industry put together over the last 121 years, just think about that for a moment, the British film industry is an abomination that must be destroyed with malice-a-fore-thought and extreme prejudice where-as American films will never let you down even at their absolute worst, dont you ever forget that Sir Jorge EVER!!!.

    ReplyDelete